All-New Scénic – Renault’s 20th vehicle to receive a five-star Euro-NCAP safety rating
- The All-New Renault Scénic has received a five-star safety rating from the independent organisation, Euro NCAP
- As the 20th Renault vehicle to receive a five-star Euro NCAP rating, All-New Scénic demonstrates over 15 years of Renault’s commitment to safety
- The All-New Renault Scénic sets itself apart from the crowd through a number of state-of-the-art technologies, including active emergency braking with pedestrian detection as standard; a first for vehicles in its segment.
The result highlights Renault's commitment to safety, particularly with the All-New Scénic, which arrives in the UK later this year. The All-New Scénic stands out with a 90 per cent score for adult occupant protection, 82 per cent for children and 67 per cent for pedestrians.
Top-level passive safety
The All-New Renault Scénic is amongst the best in its class when it comes to passive safety features.
The All-New Scénic uses a structure consisting of reinforced steel skirts, side members, windscreen pillars and posts, allowing it to protect the lives of occupants inside the safety cell. Parts of the structure are "ultra-high elastic", with each square millimetre able to resist up to 120kg of pressure. In addition, crumple zone steel located outside the passenger compartment allows for an impact to be absorbed, thus also protecting the lives of occupants inside the safety cell.
The All-New Scénic is equipped with two curtain airbags for the first and second rows and two lateral airbags in the front. It also has two new-generation front airbags that make use of adaptive technology. Based on sensor information, airbag inflation level is adapted for both driver and passenger.
With All-New Scénic's embedded technologies, driving is safe and serene.
The All-New Scénic makes use of premium segment features and several types of innovative equipment. It is the only vehicle in the C-MPV segment to offer an Active Emergency Braking System (AEBS) with pedestrian detection as standard. To put drivers at ease and warn them in the event of risk, All-New Scénic offers:
- Hands-free parking
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Fatigue detection warning with trajectory analysis
- Active Emergency Braking System (AEBS) with pedestrian detection
Other five-star rated Euro NCAP Renault models
2016 All-New Renault Scénic
2015 All-New Mégane, Talisman, Kadjar, Espace
2013 Captur, ZOE
2009 Mégane Grand Scénic
2008 Mégane, Koléos
2004 Modus, Mégane Coupe Cabriolet
2003 Scénic, Espace
2002 Vel Satis, Mégane
The All-New Renault Mégane and KADJAR have won Best Family Car and Best…Read more >